Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Quote(s) of the Day - Purpose

Sooo, I decided that I would try to tweet less and blog more. Why?

1) Sometimes 140 characters is not enough space to get out everything I want to say.

2) My main purpose of being on twitter is to connect with people around the world and sometime's I'm worried I will lose certain connections if I start having long conversations through that platform.

So, with that said, here is my first of many blog posts that has nothing to do with music but was something I just felt like sharing.

Quotes

William James
The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that outlasts it.

Kenneth Hildebrand
Strong lives are motivated by dynamic purposes; lesser ones exist on wishes and inclinations.

John Ruskin
Tell me what you like and I'll tell you what you are.

Henry David Thoreau
Be not simply good; be good for something.

Denis Waitley
Chase your passion, not your pension.

Thomas Carlyle
The purpose of man is in action not thought.

As you can see the common theme in these quotes is purpose. I want to challenge you who read this as I challenge myself to live each day full of purpose. Too often I think we get caught up in the "daily grind" and get focused on getting from point a to point b that we don't stop and think about what is our purpose and do our actions reflect that purpose. That's why one of my goals that I'm trying to put more attention to is living every day with a mind towards my purpose. I hope that you all will join me in this goal and we can hold each other accountable. Feel free to message me your thoughts.

0 comments:

Join My Mailing List!!!

Signup for our Mailing List

* required

Email *:
Cellphone:
Cell Carrier: